Cider Week New York 2018
Launched in 2011 as a way to connect influencers in the restaurant and retail world with exciting developments in New York cider, Cider Week festivals offer a variety of dining, educational and promotional events at a diverse group of venues in four key regions. At participating restaurants, bottle shops, bars and orchards you can celebrate cider in a variety of ways: tastings, food pairings, educational seminars, even orchard and cidery tours where you can see how apples grow, are harvested, and pressed into the juice needed to make craft cider.
If you produce cider from New York State apples and would like to be a part of official Cider Week NYC Activities, please join NYCA to learn more about our plans for trade and consumer events this fall. If you are an NYC venue interested in hosting a Cider Week event during the fall festival, you can learn more here.
If you are a cider producer or distributor representing cider made from apples grown outside of New York State, learn more here.
NYCA 2018 Annual General Meeting
The New York Cider Association's 3rd Annual General Meeting occurred at Finger Lakes Cider House in Interlaken, NY on Monday, February 26th.
The agenda included:
- Board Elections - three positions are up for election, more on this in an email directly to members
- Review of NYCA's 3-Year Strategic Plan including Marketing and Research Objectives, and a recap of 2017 activities
- Overview of the Research and Marketing Committees' Orchard-Based Cider Dryness Scale, including how to adopt it on your labels
- Updates from Cornell Hard Cider PWT on the Economics of Cider Apple Orchards in New York State
- Ag & Markets on the New York Grown & Certified program
- NYSLA on Brand Label Registration Updates
- USACM on coordinated response to TTB's Cider Act Rules
- Pace Food Law Clinic's New York Cider Law 101
Contact NYCA ED Jenn Smith for notes and presentations from the meeting.